artist access > award recipients (2017-1997)
Artist Access started with four grant cycles per year from 1997 to 2005. In 2006 it changed to three cycles per year and the grant year changed from a calendar year to October – September. For the 2017 cycle the grant deadlines are November 4, 2016, February 3, 2017 and May 5, 2017.
- Orlando Garcia, Composer, Professor, Music Composition Dept., FIU
- Rosa Inguanzo, Actress, writer, director, producer, poet
- William Keddell, Visual artist and filmmaker
- Augusto Soledade, Dancer, Choreographer and Director of Brazz Dance
- Gene Tinnie, Visual Artist, Community Activist, MDC Professor
- Kristen Thiele, Visual Artist
- Elaine Wright, dance professional and teacher
- Kelly Allocco, Projects Administrator, Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs
- Mary Luft, Program Administrator, Tigertail Productions
388 ARTIST AWARDS TO DATE
FEBRUARY 3, 2017
NOVEMBER 4, 2016
- CARLA FORTE - to participate in master classes and panel discussions at the Berlinale Talents 2017 in Kreuzberg/Berlin, Germany, February11-16, 2017.
- BRYAN HIVELEY - to participate in multiple lectures, demonstrations and seminars in the National Council on the Education for Ceramic Arts Conference, March 22-25, 2017 in Portland, OR.
- BRIDGET N. MOORE - to receive “hands on” intensive training, July 9-14, 2017 with visual artist Calvin Coleman in Baltimore, MD.
- SILVIA ROS - to participate in Drone Fliers, a photography workshop, October 14 & 15, 2017 at the Maine Media Workshops in Rockport, Maine.
- ONAJIDE SHABAKA - to research colonial agricultural and local maroon cultural practices on Plantation Katwijk, Paramaribo, Tebe fu libi and Moengo, Suriname, April 1-28, 2017.
- CHRISTOPHER BARRON SHERER - to attend the symposium Orphelins de Paris, produced by NYU Cinema Studies and Moving Image Archiving and Preservation Program, March 1-5, 2017 in Paris, France.
- MARAH G. VALENZUELA - to participate in multiple lectures, demonstrations and seminars in the National Council on the Education for Ceramic Arts Conference, March 22-25, 2017 in Portland, OR.
- TOM VIRGIN - to intern with book artist/printer Amos Paul Kennedy Jr. and attend lectures, panels and discussion at the MCBA Bk Art Biennial in Minneapolis, MN, July 14-23, 2017.
MAY 6, 2016
- HANS HERNANDEZ - to study drum and song privately with Afro Cuban master musician Dani Illas in November & December 2016 in West Palm Beach, FL.
- ANA MIRANDA - to participate in a dance/movement workshop by Deborah Hay, January 1/23-2/3/17 in Austin, TX.
FEBRUARY 19, 2016
- IVONNE BATANERO - to take ta summer intensive with BODYTRAFFIC, July 5-9, 2016 at Marymount University in Los Angeles, CA.
- SHAHINI FAKHOURIE - to take a Digital Fabrication Residency, May 6-8, 2016 in Easton, MD.
- GLENDA FRENANDEZ-VEGA - to take The Berlin Opera Academy summer intensive, July 24-August 21, 2016 in Berlin, Germany.
- MICHELLE GRANT-MURRAY - to participate in a Jacob Pillow Improv Traditions & Innovation: Ring Shout to Blues to Jazz Program, June 27-July 10, 2016 in Becket, MA.
- JULIE ORSINI SHAKHER - to take a Portrait Painting workshop by Costa Vavagiakis, June 13-17, 2016 at the Art Students League of New York in NYC.
- WENDY PEDERSON - to study voice with Jackie Presti, July 25-August 6, 2016 in NYC.
- JOSE LUIS RODRIGUEZ - to participate in “First Work Days for the Investigation and Documentation of the Folklore of Huelva” in Huelva, Spain, September 28-October 15, 2016.
- BARRON SHERER - to take Looper Systems 101 at Mono No Aware in NYC on June 26, 2016.
- MICHELLE WEINBERG - to take an intensive one-week hand bookbinding course at The Center for Book Arts, July 18-22, 2016 in NYC.
NOVEMBER 6, 2015
- JAMES HERRING - to participate in workshops of the National Council on the Education of the Ceramic Arts in Kansas City, MO, March 15-19, 2016
- NIURCA E. MARQUEZ - to take workshops and study with flamenco master Juan Carlos Lerida in Montreal, Canada, April 25-30, 2016.
- TOM VIRGIN - to study with four master printer/book artists in Minnesota, July 1-31, 2016.
MAY 8, 2015
- MICHAEL GELLATLY - to attend the Vermont Studio Center in Johnson, VT, Feb 1-15, 2016.
- SAGRARIO (CHARO) OQUET - to participate in the Hemispheric Institute in Santiago, Chile July 17-23, 2016.
- PATRICK DUPRE QUIGLEY - to participate in the International Conductors Exchange Program in Seoul, South Korea July-August 2016.
- LOLITA STEWART-WHITE - to take a workshop with Mark Doty at the Poets House in NYC, December 10-12, 2015.
- HATTIE MAE WILLIAMS - to build collaboration skills with peer artists at the Flic Festival in Brooklyn, NY, Nov. 9-17, Dec. 7-10, 2015 and Jan. 19-24, 2016.
FEBRUARY 6, 2015
- JENNIFER A. BASILE - to participate in a printmaking residency at the Vermont Studio Center in Johnson, VT, June 7-July 3, 2015.
- CARLOS MIGUEL CABALLERO - to participate in a workshop led by Juan Carlos Lérida on The Art of Improvisation in Girona, Spain from September 15-30, 2015.
- JOHN DEFARO - to work daily, one-on-one with visual artist Paton Miller in Southampton, NY, June 20-25, 2015.
- GLENDA FERNANDEZ-VEGA - to participate in master classes in the specialties of Voice, Strings, Conducting, Piano, Alexander Technique, German and Italian at the Mozarteum International Summer Academy, July 27-August 8, 2015.
- DOROTHY HINDMAN - to participate in the Summer Credenze POP Festival, June 25-July 5, 2015 in the towns of Grammichele and Catania, Sicily.
- BROOKHART JONQUIL - to participate in a symposium on art and architecture in Havana, Cuba, June 2-11, 2015.
- MARISSA ALMA NICK - to participate in the Florida Dance Festival, June 19-27, 2015 in Tampa, FL.
- MARJ O'NEILL-BUTLER - to participate in the Dramatists Guild National Conference for playwrights, in La Jolla, CA, July 15-19, 2015.
- SILVIA ROS - to participate in a photography workshop led by Tim Hossler, Aug. 1-16, 2015 in Havana, Cuba.
- BARRON SHERER - to participate in a workshop led by Juan Carlos Lérida on The Art of Improvisation in Girona, Spain from September 15-30, 2015.
- SUSAN WESTFALL - to participate in the Dramatists Guild National Conference for playwrights, in La Jolla, CA, July 16-19, 2015.
NOVEMBER 20, 2014
- NEIL DE LA FLOR - to attend the Association of Writers & Writing Programs Conference, April 8-12, 2015 in Minneapolis, MN.
- VINTON ENYMA - to attend “I Create Music” ASCAP Expo, April 30-May 2, 2015 in Los Angeles, CA.
- KARLA JANSEN - to attend an artist residency in Kunstnarhuset Messen, September 1-October 2, 2015 in Alvik, Norway.
- PEPE MAR - to attend The Banff Centre in Alberta, Canada, March 9-April 3, 2015.
- JEREMY MORROW - to attend the Mannes Trombone Day and to study privately with Joseph Alessi, February 13-16, 2015 in NYC.
- PAMELA PALMA - to attend the Florida Tropical Weavers Guild Spring Conference, March 19-22, 2015 in Leesburg, FL.
- KIM RIZIO - to take Developing Personal Imagery with Janet Echelman, August 24-28, 2015 at the Truro Center for the Arts in Truro, MA.
- KIRBY ROSS - to attend “I Create Music” ASCAP Expo, April 30-May 2, 2015 in Los Angeles, CA.
- MARIA HELENA THEVENOT - to travel to France to research the work of choreographer Myriam Gourfink, May 6-15, 2015.
- TOM VIRGIN - to intern at Cave Paper from June 22-30, 2015 in Minneapolis, MN.
- PIONEER WINTER - to take a workshop with Crystal Pite at The Banff Centre in Alberta, Canada, June 1-June 5, 2015.
- HARRIETTE YAHR - to attend “Wooden Boards and Clasps Intensive” at the John C. Campbell Folk School in Brasstown, NC, April 19-25, 2015.
MAY 9, 2014
- BELAXIS BUIL - to study with Sin Fronteras, November 16-26, 2014 in Bogota, Columbia.
- MARK OSTERMAN - to investigate and study the role of public art and the use of historic sacred sites in Israel, January 17-25, 2015.
- CRISTINA FIGUEREDO ZIZOLD - to study techniques in plein air painting with Pam Johnson Brickell in Beaufort, SC, April 10 & 11, 2015.
FEBRUARY 7, 2014
- OLIVER ANDREW - to attend the Bloodstock Open-Air Festival in the United Kingdom, August 7-10, 2014.
- VERONICA CATO - to participate in a six-week training program at ADF from June 12-July 26, 2014 in Durham, NC.
- JULIE DAVIDOW - to participate in a residency at Vermont Studio Center in Johnson, VT from 9/28-10/24/14.
- TATIANA SCHNITMAN ESPINDOLA - to attend the Cortona Sessions for New Music in Cortona, Italy 6/21-7/5/14.
- COLLEEN FARNUM - to participate in a residency at Barim Art Collective in Gwangju, South Korea from June 4-June 13, 2014.
- NAOMI FISHER - to participate in a residency at Rogaland Kunstsenter in Stavanger, Norway, mid-August to mid-October 2014.
- KURAJ KOJS - to attend the International Computer Music Conference in Athens, Greece, September 14-20, 2014.
- ALMA LEIVA - to participate in the Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild residency program, 8/27-9/22/14 in Woodstock, NY.
- LUCINDA LINDERMAN - to participate in a residency at the Center for Contemporary Art and Sustainability in Calders, Barcelona, Spain 8/27-10/1/14.
- DIANA LOZANO - to participate in intensive training at MOVEO Corporeal Mime in Barcelona, Spain, 6/30-7/11/14.
- SAGRARIO (CHARO) OQUET - to attend "Spiritual Revolutions & the Scramble for Africa" BE.BOP 2014 at the Danish Art Workshops in Copenhagen, Denmark 5/9-5/19/14.
- PATRICIA SCHNALL GUTIERREZ - to travel to Carpentras, France to research the women of the Trobairitz from 6/15-7/4/14.
- LOLITA STEWART-WHITE - to participate in a residency with Richard Blanco at The Atlantic Center for the Arts in New Smyrna Beach, FL 6/23-7/13/14.
- KATIE WIEGMAN - to participate in a residency with Keigwin and Company Dance Company in NYC, 6/19-6/13/14.
NOVEMBER 1, 2013
- SHERI ALLENDER - to take an intensive workshop by Improv Olympic, March 10-14, 2014 at Just The Funny theater.
- DENISE DELGADO - to attend the Annual Conference and Bookfair of the Association of Writers and Writing Programs, February 26-March 2, 2014 in Seattle, WA.
- VINTON EYMA - to attend "I Create Music" ASCAP Expo, April 23-27, 2014 in Los Angeles, CA.
- CHRISTY GAST - to participate in Beyond the End, hosted by the Kadist Foundation in Paris, France, May 15-June 27, 2014.
- JAMES HERRING - to attend the National Council of Education for the Ceramic Arts in Milwaukee, WI, March 18-23, 2014.
- MOIRA HOLOHAN - to participate as a resident artist at the Hangar in Barcelona, Spain, July 1-August 1, 2014.
- KIRBY ROSS "KIRBY MAURIER" - to attend "I Create Music" ASCAP Expo, April 23-27, 2014 in Los Angeles, CA.
- MARISSA ALMA NICK - to attend the CINEDANS festival in Amsterdam, Netherlands, March 12-16, 2014.
- TOM VIRGIN - to take two high level Book Arts classes at the Minnesota Center for Book Arts in Minneapolis, MN, June 21-July 2, 2014.
MAY 3, 2013
- OTHON CASTENADA - to participate in the abstract sculpture workshop by Amy Mayfield and several of the Art Labs at the San Diego Art Fair, November 5-12, 2013.
- ROSY NADAY GARMENDIA - to participate in the Biennial XI of Mural Painting in Santiago de Cuba, January 5-27, 2014.
FEBRUARY 8, 2013
- LUCIA ARATANHA - to attend the Victoria Marks residency at the Atlantic Center in New Smyrna Beach, FL, June 24-July 14, 2013.
- PRISCILLA MARRERO - to attend the one-week workshop with Sarah Shelton Mann and Abby Crain, "Drop Your City Armor in Dos Rios", Dos Rios, CA from July 20-26, 2013.
- STEPHANIE NEWMAN - to attend the International Vocal Arts Institute in Montreal, Canada from July 30-August 17, 2013.
- MARJORIE O'NEILL-BUTLER - to attend the Dramatists Guild National Conference in Chicago, IL, August 21-26, 2013.
- TIFFANY "hanan" MADERA - to study privately with dance ethnologist Helene Eriksen, September 13-19, 2013 in Seattle, WA.
- CARLOTA PRADERA - to attend Movement Research's Summer Melt and additional classes, July 2, 2013 to July 12, 2013 in New York City.
- SILVIA ROS - to attend a photography workshop at Maine Media Workshops & College, Rockport, ME, September 8-14, 2013.
- LOLITA STEWART-WHITE - to study at the Cave Canem Poetry Retreat in Brooklyn, NY, June 16-23, 2013.
- TOM VIRGIN - to participate in a residency at The Anderson Center in Red Wing, MN from July 1-31, 2013.
- JUAN CARLOS ZALDIVAR - to participate in the Court Métrage Section of the Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, France, May 16-26, 2013.
NOVEMBER 9, 2012
- TEO CASTELLANOS - to attend the Pearson-Marr Archetype Indicator Training in Fairfax, VA, April 10, 2013.
- ROSIE GORDON-WALLACE - to travel to Suriname, February 9-14, 2013 for curatorial research with artists at the Readytex Art Gallery.
- ALAN GUTIERREZ - to travel to Berlin, Germany, June 17-21, 2013 to attend the first edition of UNITED.
- KENNETH METZKER - to travel to Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil, July 1-August 1, 2013 to attend the Festival Musica na Ibiapaba.
- CHRISTINA PETTERSSON - to travel to Key West, FL to participate in a TSKW artist residency, May 1-31, 2013.
- ALEX TRIMINO - to travel the Vermont Studio Center in Johnson, VT to participate in an artist residency, March 31-April 13, 2013.
MAY 4, 2012
- TYLER EMERSON DORSCH - to travel to NYC to meet with artists, do studio visits, research and compile materials for curatorial writing on the work of six targeted artists.
- MARISSA ALMA NICK - to attend and participate in screenings, panels and receptions of the Dance on Camera Festival, February 1-5, 2013 in NYC.
- HANS HERNANDEZ - to study privately with Afro Cuban percussionist Manley "Piri" Lopez in Tampa, December 3-16, 2012.
- MICHELLE WEINBERG - to research modernist pattern in architecture and décor/design, artisan construction materials and graphic arts in Barcelona, Spain, November 10-30, 2012.
FEBRUARY 3, 2012
- LYDIA BITTNER-BAIRD - to participate in self-made intensives at Independence and SoundVision in Auckland, New Zealand, August1-October 25, 2012.
- CARLA FORTE - to participate in workshops of the Venezuelan Film Festival, June 3-7, 2012.
- CHRISTY GAST - to take part in Ensayos, a residency program in Karukinka Natural Park in the Chilean Patagonia, August 1-15, 2012.
- BENOIT IZARD - to participate in an artist residency in Maribor, Slovenia, July 31-August 30, 2012.
- JURAJ KOJS - to participate in the Sound and Music Computing Conference in Copenhagen, Denmark, July 7-15, 2012.
- RAFAEL LOPEZ-RAMOS - to participate in the Symposium Havana, Miami, Brooklyn: A Convergence of Art and Music, July 6-8, 2012 in Brooklyn, NY.
- PRISCILLA MARRERO - to participate in PORCH at the Pondersosa Movement and Discovery Center, August 18-September 9, 2012 in Stolzenhagen, Germany.
- ILANA MARION REYNOLDS - to participate in PORCH at the Pondersosa Movement and Discovery Center, JULY 10-31, 2012 in Stolzenhagen, Germany.
- SILVIA ROS - to attend a photography workshop The Unseen Landscape at Maine Media, August 19-25, 2012 in Rockport, Maine.
- LOLITA STEWART-WHITE - to study in residence at the Cave Canem Poetry Retreat, June 17-24, 2012 in Greensburg, PA.
- TOM VIRGIN - to participate in the Great SmokyMountain National Park Residence Program, June 24-July 24, 2012 in Gatlinburg, TN.
NOVEMBER 2, 2011
- BRYAN HIVELEY - to attend the Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts annual conference in Seattle, WA, March 27-31, 2012.
- DINORAH DE JESUS RODRIGUEZ - to live, travel, work and apprentice with Yasmine Kabir in Bangaldesh from 2/20/12 to 4/1/12.
- KENNETH METZKER - to attend the Humbolt Sate University Annual Afro-Cuban Song/Drum/Dance workshop in Arcatia, CA July 21-28, 2012.
- NIURCA E. MARQUEZ - to attend the Atlantic Center for the Arts Residency with Master Artist Liz Lerman, 2/20/12 to 3/11/12 in New Smyrna Beach, FL.
- CAROL TODARO - to attend two workshops in San Francisco, CA at the San Francisco Center for the Book, May 4, 5 & 6, 2012.
MAY 13, 2011
- GINA CUNNINGHAM - to participate in the Ghetto Biennale, December 11-18, 2011 in Port au Prince, Haiti.
- JULIE ORSINI SHAKHER - to study Drawing and Painting from Life with Michael Grimaldi at the Art Students League, December 17-18, 2011 – January 2, 2012 in NYC.
- SALLY SIDNER - to attend the large print artist residency at the Venice Printmaking Studio in Murano, Italy, June 26-July 15, 2012.
FEBRUARY 4, 2011
- IVONNE ROSA BATANERO - to attend the American Dance Festival, June 9-July 24, 2011 in Durham, NC.
- OCTAVIO CAMPOS - to participate in a Creative Residency at In-Habit International, September 5-30, 2011 in Melbourne, Australia.
- CHELSEA DURAN - to participate in the Moscow Art Theater School summer course, July 11-August 14, 2011 at the Harvard campus in Cambridge, MA.
- NICOLE FARNESI - to take classes at the annual Strictly Seattle Dance Festival, July 10-31, 2011 in Seattle, WA.
- AURORA MOLINA - to work in residence at Arquetopia in Puebla, Mexico, July 7-31, 2011 learning the Talavera blue and white ceramic techniques and studying traditional fabrics and color pigments.
- MATTHEW TAYLOR - to participate in the Cortona Sessions in New Music in Cortona, Italy, June 19-30, 2011.
- MARIA HELENA THEVENOT - to attend UCLA's symposium "Between Experiment, Form and Culturalism: Butoh in History and Contemporary Practice", May 20-23, 2011.
- TOM VIRGIN - to be in residence at the Anderson Center in Red Wing, MN, July 1-31, 2011.
NOVEMBER 19, 2010
- JURAJ KOJS - to attend the Sound and Music Computing Conference in Padova, Italy, July 6-9, 2011.
- NIURCA E. MARQUEZ - to attend the Feldenkrais-Improvisation Intensive Choreolab led by Georg Blaske & Sascha Krausneker at Tanzquartier in Vienna, Austria, March 21 April 2, 2011.
- CHARO OQUET - to research rituals of the sugar cane cutting areas of the Dominican Republic, February 14-28, 2011.
- SILVIA ROS - to attend the Maine Media Workshops VII Master Class with Marcus Bleasdale, September 11-17, 2001 in Rockport, Maine.
JUNE 1, 2010
- RAYMOND AKBAR - to take the on-camera workshop in NYC December 6, 13, 20, 2010 and January 3, 2011.
- REZA FILSOOFI - to attend a percussion workshop led by Mr. Kalani in Chicago, IL, July 6-10, 2011.
- CHRISTY GAST - to participate in the residency program at Karukinka Natural Park in Tierra del Fuego, Chile, February 7-13, 2011.
- JUDITH GHASHGHALE - to take an immersion workshop on Moku Hanga and woodcarving at Taller La Costa with Adriana Sisto in Rosario, Argentina.
APRIL 1, 2010
- SERGIO CERVANTES - to attend a two-day photography lighting workshop given by Steve Anchell, August 19 & 20, 2010.
- KAREN GARCIA - to attend a weekend acting workshop given by Aaron Speiser, June 18, 19 & 20, 2010.
- MARJORIE O'NEILL-BUTLER - to participate in the Kennedy Center Playwriting Intensive in Washington, DC, July 9–18, 2010.
- HANS HERNANDEZ - to study with Afro Cuban percussionist Mr. Burney, August 9-14, 2010 in Chicago, IL at Lomocruz.
- MICHELLE GRANT MURRAY - to participate in the Urban Bush Women Summer Leadership Institute in New Orleans, LA, July 30-August 8, 2010.
- ILANA REYNOLDS - to participate in the Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company summer intensive at Barnard College in NYC, June 21-27, 2010.
- YOLANDA SANCHEZ - to participate in a Pojagi/Textile workshop given by Chunghie Lee at Penland in Spruce, NC, June 13-25, 2010.
- CAROL TODARO - to participate in Bookbinding II by Susan Mills at the Center for Book Arts in NYC, August 2-6, 2010.
- TOM VIRGIN - to attend the Jentel Artist Residency in Banner, Wyoming, June 15-July 13, 2010.
FEBRUARY 1, 2010
- AMY IONE ALVARADO - to participate in a three-week playwriting/performance residency June 29-July 19, 2009 at the Atlantic Center for the Arts, New Smyrna Beach, FL.
- TEO CASTELLANOS - to attend a Chekhov Technique intensive training at the U of Texas, Arlington August 1-7, 2010.
- BRIAN HIVELEY - to attend a residency at the Watershed Center for the Ceramic Arts in Newcastle, Maine, July 4-16, 2010.
- SHARON MESKOWITZ - to attend an AXIS Dance Company Summer Intensive in Oakland, CA, August 7-13, 2010.
- JESSICA PUSCEDDU - to attend an AXIS Dance Company Summer Intensive in Oakland, CA, August 7-13, 2010.
- SILVIA ROS - to attend a workshop at the Maine Media Workshops, September 12-18, 2010 in Rockport, Maine.
MAY 15, 2009
- WILLIAM KEDDELL - to be in residence at the Wendover Air Force Base / Center for Land Use Interpretation in Utah during the month of June 2010.
- DINORAH DE JESUS RODRIGUEZ - to attend a four-week residency at Fundacion Valparaiso, in Almeria, Spain from February 1-28, 2010.
FEBRUARY 6, 2009
- ELIZABETH DOUD - to participate in a three-week playwriting/performance residency June 29-July 19, 2009 at the Atlantic Center for the Arts, New Smyrna Beach, FL.
- AFUA SHANTALA HALL - to participate in the Rukumbine Summer Dance Intensive in Kingston, Jamaica August 7-21, 2009.
- CAROLYN SCHLAM - to attend a workshop by Jimmy Wright at Ox Bow in Saugatuck Michigan, August 16-22, 2009.
- MARIA HELENA THEVENOT - to participate in the NYU Hemispheric Institute of Performance and Politics in Bogota, Columbia, August 21-30, 2009.
- TOM VIRGIN - to participate in a residency at the Anderson Center in Red Wing, MN for the month of July 2009.
- MICHELLE WEINBERG - to attend Nordisk kunst Plattform artist residency in Brussand, Norway, July 2009.
- DARIELLE WILLIAMS - to attend the Garth Fagan Dance 2009 Summer Movement Institute in Rochester, NY, July 6-25, 2009.
- JUAN CARLOS ZALDIVAR - to attend the Flaherty Film Seminar at Colgate University in Hamilton, New York, June 20-26, 2009.
OCTOBER 3, 2008
- NAOMI FISHER - to travel to Cologne, Germany, April 20-27, 2009 to participate in The Dark Fair.
- SUSAN LEE-CHUN - to participate in the Artist-in-Residence program, February 18-May 20, 2009 at the Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts in Omaha, NE.
- ANIA MOUSSAWEL - to attend the Fine Art Digital Printing workshop at Maine Media Workshop, June 28-July 4, 2009.
- LOLITA WHITE - to study privately with master poet/writer Heather McHugh, February 7-March 7, 2009.
MAY 16, 2008
- LETTY BASSART - to study with Victoria Marks in Minneapolis, MN, October 8-11, 2008.
- KATHERINE KRAMER - to attend the National Performance Network annual meeting in Seattle, WA, December 11-15, 2008.
- ANA MIRANDA - to attend the XV Bienal de Flamenco and take flamenco classes with Isabel Bayon in Seville, Spain, October 3-15, 2008.
- KERRY PHILLIPS - to attend the Vermont Studio Center international residency program for the month of January 2009.
- JULIE ORSINI SHAKHER - to attend Figure Painting at the Armory Art Center taught by Steven Assael, February 2-6, 2009 in West Palm Beach.
FEBRUARY 1, 2008
- ANDIE ARTHUR - to participate in the Kennedy Center Summer Playwriting Intensive, July 6-20, 2008.
- DAVID ALMEIDA - to take Inkjet Printing: Color Management and Calibration at the International Center of Photography in NYC, July 26 & 27, 2008.
- JENNYLIN DUANY - to train in Dell' Arte in the Rasa Boxes technique, August 5-16, 2008 in Blue Lake, California.
- NICOLE FARNESI - to take classes at the Aerial Dance Festival, August 3-16, 2008 on the University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
- HEATHER MALONEY - to participate in Bates Dance Festival, July 19-August 10, 2008 in Lewiston, Maine.
- MELISSA PEREZ - to participate in the International Lyric Academy’s Summer Program in Rome and Viterbo, Italy, July 3-20, 2008.
- ILANA REYNOLDS - to study dance with Christine Brunel and her company in Essen, Germany, September 1- December 1, 2008.
- MARCOS RAUL VALELLA - to participate in Painting’s Edge at the Idyllwild Arts Academy in Idyllwild, CA, June 21-July 4, 2008.
- EUGENIA VARGAS PEREIRA - to participate in Intrude366 in Shanghai, China, October 29 – November 9, 2008.
- TOM VIRGIN - to participate in a two-week artist residency at Ucross in Clearmont, Wyoming, August 4-15, 2008.
OCTOBER 3, 2007
- AMY IONE ALVARADO - to participate in the May 18-June 10, 2008 Florence, Italy Voice Seminar.
- JUDITH BERK KING - to participate in a residency, June 22-July 5, 2008 at the Watershed Center for the Ceramic Arts in Newcastle, Maine.
- AYANNA JOLIVET MCCLOUD - to participate in an April 3 – May 8, 2008 "Intro to Digital Video Workshop" at the Northwest Film Center in Portland, Oregon.
MAY 15, 2007
- AUGUSTO SOLEDADE - to research native traditions and culture of the Amazon, November 17-25, 2007.
- AGUSTINA WOODGATE - to participate in a Vermont Studio Center Artist in Residence program, March 30-April 25, 2008.
- HARRIETTE YAHR - to attend the Sundance Film Festival and its Technology Expo and Filmmaker panels, January 17-26, 2008.
FEBRUARY 1, 2007
- JOANNE BARRETT - to attend Rhythm Explosion 2007 in Bozeman, Montana from July 19-28, 2007.
- ELIZABETH DOUD - to participate in the Atlantic Center for the Arts three week artist residency with Master Artist and poet Michael Burkard in New Smyrna Beach, Florida from May 15-June 3, 2007.
- JENNYLIN DUANY - to participate in the National Black Theater Festival in Winston Same, North Carlolina, July 30-August 4, 2007.
- MARILYN GOTTLIEB-ROBERTS - to attend the Venice Biennial African contemporary art exhibit and meet with members of the exhibition jury, June 11-27, 2007 in Venice, Italy.
- ANA MENDEZ - to study various dance techniques, August - October 2007 in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.
- MARITZA MOLINA - to participate in a SIM-HOUSE residency in Reykjavik, Iceland, August 1-31, 2007.
- ILEIGH REYNOLDS - to participate in the annual Aerial Dance Festival at the University of Colorado campus of Boulder, Colorado, August 5-17, 2007.
- BERNARDETTE SALGADO - to attend Bates Dance Festival, July 21-August 12, 2007 in Lewiston, Maine.
OCTOBER 2, 2006
- CHARO OQUET – to travel to Madrid, Spain to attend ARCO, February 13-19, 2007.
- TOM VIRGIN - to participate in the Residence Program at Oregon College of Art, June 25-August 3, 2007.
JUNE 1, 2006
- TEO CASTELLANOS - to attend a five-day Fitzmaurice Voice Workshop Intensive in NYC, December 16-20, 2006.
- JUDITH BERK KING - to attend a wheel-throwing workshop with ceramic artist Julia Galloway at Baltimore Clayworks, January 12-15, 2007
- NIURCA E. MARQUEZ - to attend intensive choreographic courses in Seville, Spain, October 2-13, 2006.
- CARLOTA PRADERA - to participate the Trisha Brown summer intensive in NYC in June 2007.
- PATRICK DUPRE QUIGLEY - to participate in a competition for young choral conductors in Uppsala and Stockholm, Sweden, October 17-29, 2006.
- LOLITA STEWART-WHITE - to participate as a reader at Fox Cry at the U. of Wisconsin, October 2, 2006.
- WENDY WISCHER - to attend the College Art Association Conference in NYC, February 14-17, 2006.
FEBRUARY 1, 2006
- MATTHEW COX - to attend the 33rd International Conference and Exhibition on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques in Boston, MA from July 30-August 3, 2006.
- IVAN TOTH DEPENA - to take a program in Max/MSP, Jitter and Sensorbuilding at Harvestworks in New York City in August 2006.
- ELIZABETH DOUD - to attend the 2006 Capoeira Arts Batizado Capoeira Conference in Berkley, CA June 28-July 2, 2006.
- JENNYLIN DUANY - to attend the Ko Festival's Summer Workshops in Amherst, MA, July 10-15, 2006.
- MARILYN GOTTLIEB-ROBERTS - to participate in a three-week Artist-in-Residence Workshop with the Goat Island performance collective at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, July 9-29, 2006.
- SUSAN LEE-CHUN - to attend Penland School of Crafts to work with Laura Vickerson in Penland, NC June 11-23, 2006.
- ILEIGH REYNOLDS - to participate in two intensives of the Aerial Dance Festival, August 6-18, 2006 on the University of Colorado campus in Boulder, CO.
- JUAN CARLOS ZALDIVAR - to participate in a group show at Chelsea Space Gallery in London, England, July 30-August 6, 2006.
SEPTEMBER 1, 2005
- MARGARITA BENITEZ - to attend a 10-day workshop on Jacquard textile creation, May 15-19 and May 29-June 2, 2006 at the Jacquard Center in Hendersonville, NC.
- OCTAVIO CAMPOS - to participate in Circleation 2006, a workshop for Directors and Performers, Leeds, Great Britian, April 2-7, 2006.
- BRYAN HIVELEY - to attend the March 2006 National Council on Education in the Ceramic Arts Conference in Portland, OR.
- JOSEFINA POSCH - to participate in a 2-month artist residency at the Duolon Museum of Modern Art in Shanghai, China, March 1-May 1, 2006.
- MOMOKO SUDO - to attend a three-day workshop "The Dynamics of Collage" at the Armory Art Center in West Palm Beach, April 3-5, 2006.
- BRUCE WEBER - to participate in workshops and seminars at the Photographers' Formulary in Condon, Montana, August 13-18, 2006.
JUNE 1, 2005
- LETTY BASSART - to attend one-week of Movement Research's Winter MELT in January 2006.
- LEILA LEDER KREMERT - to attend a bookmaking workshop at The Center for Book Arts in NYC, December 17 & 18, 2005.
- BRIAN REEDY - to attend a bookmaking workshop with Rory Golden at The Center for Book Arts in NYC, December 17 & 18, 2005.
- TOM VIRGIN - to attend a bookmaking workshop with Rory Golden at The Center for Book Arts in NYC, December 17 & 18, 2005.
- WENDY WISCHER - to attend the Entertainment Technology show, November 11-13, 2005 in Orlando, Florida.
- HARRIETTE YAHR - to attend the Judith Weston Script Analysis and Rehearsal Techniques Workshop in Los Angeles, January 12-15, 2006.
MARCH 1, 2005
- JOHN BEAUREGARD - to participate in the Physically Integrated Dance Summer Intensive in Seattle, Washington, August 19-28, 2005.
- TEO CASTELLANOS - to attend the annual meeting of Alternate ROOTS, August 9-14, 2005.
- JAIME CORDERO - to participate in the Florida Watercolor Society 4-day intensive, September 19-22, 2005 at Tarpon Springs, FL.
- CRISTINA FIGUEREDO - to attend a Final Cut Pro workshop at HarvestWorks in NYC in late July/August 2005.
- GUSTAVO MATAMOROS - for a 5-day residency hosted by Dell Arte, GmbH at Schloss Honhardt in Honhardt, Germany to work with innovative equipment designers and electronic equipment, October 2005.
- CHARO OQUET - for hotel and per diem expenses to attend the 51st International Venice Biennial in Venice, Italy, June 2005.
- HELENA THEVENOT - to participate in the IX Festival Internacional de Teatro in Managua, Nicaragua, July 28-August 12, 2005.
JANUARY 15, 2005
- IVAN TOTH DEPENA – to pay for aerial documentation and site analysis costs associated with research for Cul-De-Sac Echoes.
- PATRICK DUPRE QUIGLEY - to attend the Chorus America 28th Annual Convention in Chicago, IL, June 1-4, 2005.
- KELLY FLYNN - to attend the Society for Photographic Education, March 17-20, 2005 in Portland, Oregon.
- MIRIAM SANTANA - to take The Writers Studio Level IV On-line Writing Workshops, May-June 2005.
- CHERYL WHITEHEAD - to attend the Sewanee Writers’ Conference at The University of the South in Sewanee, Tennessee, July 12-24, 2005.
SEPTEMBER 1, 2004
- ROSEMARIE CHIARLONE - to pay for shipping and documentation costs of Lifestyle which will be exhibited at The Spaces Gallery in Cleveland, Ohio, April 15-May 13, 2005.
- FRANKLIN EINSPRUCH - to take Brush Creativity with Zen Calligraphy with Kazuaki Tanahashi at the Upaya Zen Center in Santa Fe, New Mexico, February 11-13, 2005.
JUNE 1, 2004
- ORAZIO GIURDANELLA - to study Pilates technique in a workshop by Susan Moran-Perich, November 5-7, 2004 in New York City.
- JULIE KAHN - to participate in Jon Cone’s Complete Digital Workflow for Color Printing from 9/28-10/1/04 at Cone Editions in Vermont.
- HARRIETTE YAHR - to attend the IFP Market Film Conference, September 19-25, 2004 in New York City.
- TRAVIS NEFF - to attend the annual Entertainment Technology show held in Las Vegas, Nevada, October 18-24, 2004.
- WENDY WISCHER - to attend the annual Entertainment Technology show held in Las Vegas, Nevada, October 22-24, 2004.
MARCH 1, 2004
- TORI ARPAD - to participate in the Watershed Artist-in-Residence program, “Artists Invite Artists”, August 1-13, 2004 in Newcastle, ME.
- TEO CASTELLANOS - to attend Alternate ROOTS, August 10-15, 2004 in Arden, NC and the NPN meeting December 3-7, 2004 in Los Angeles.
- DENISE DELGADO - to attend Alternate ROOTS, August 10-15, 2004 in Arden, NC.
- DARBY HAYES - to participate in summer workshops, July 2-4, 2004 at The School of Playback Theater, Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, New York.
- MICHELLE GRANT MURRAY - to attend the 19th Annual International Dunham Technique Seminar, June 19-26, 2004 at the Katherine Dunham Center for Arts & Humanities in East St. Louis, IL.
- JOSEFINA POSCH - To participate in the sculptural ceramics and raku-firing workshop at the ABF School in Gothenburg, Sweden, August 9-13, 2004.
- BARRY SPARKMAN - to participate in the slugfest Printmaking Workshop, July 24 & 25, 2004 in Austin, Texas.
JANUARY 15, 2004
- RAQUEL ALMAZAN - to attend and perform in the 2004 National Women’s Studies Association Conference, June 17-20, 2004 at the U. of WI in Milwaukee and to attend Alternate ROOTS, August 10-15, 2004 at the Lutheridge Conference Center in Arden, NC.
- CRISTINA FIGUEREDO - to learn to edit film digitally through the purchase of an Apple Computer and Cinfinity Productions software.
- LINDA MANNHEIM - to attend the Associated Writing Program’s Annual Conference and Bookfair, March 24-27, 2004 in Chicago.
- TOM VIRGIN - to attend a Letterpress and Pamphlet Binding Workshop by Kerry McAleer at Pyramid Atlantic Center for Print, Paper & Book Arts, March 27 & 28, 2004 in Silver Springs, Maryland.
SEPTEMBER 1, 2003
- JOHN BAILLY - to attend a monotype printmaking workshop at Slugfest Printmaking Workshop in Austin, Texas, March 6-7, 2004.
- BRYAN HIVELEY - to be in residency at the Watershed Center for the Ceramic Arts in Portland, ME, June 20 - July 3, 2004.
- LORENNA MILIANI - to attend a workshop at the Key West Writer's Workshop in Key West, Florida, February 13-15, 2004.
- HELENA THEVENOT - to travel and work with an artistic community in São Paulo, Brazil, February 29 - March 13, 2004.
JUNE 1, 2003
- ROSEMARIE CHIARLONE - to prepare a publication and attend the National
Coalition for the Homeless Conference in Washington, D.C. October 6-8, 2003.
- NANCY GARCIA - to attend Harvestworks Digital Media Arts Center workshops in NYC in November 2003.
- DINORAH DE JESUS RODRIGUEZ - to attend a four-week artist residence at
Jentel Arts Colony in Sheridan, Wyoming, November 15-December 13, 2003.
- WENDY WISCHER - to attend Digital Audio and Desktop Video Production
workshops and studio sessions at S.A.W. in the Fall of 2003.
- HARRIETTE YAHR - to attend the IFP Market Film Conference, September 22-26, 2003 in New York City.
MARCH 1, 2003
- DAVID CIRONE - to attend the Creative Screenwriting Magazine's 2nd Annual
Screenwriting Expo, October 17-19, 2003.
- DARBY HAYES - to attend two School of Playback Theatre summer workshops,
July 4-6 & July 8-12 at Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY.
- NIURCA E. MARQUEZ-CASTRO - to participate in the annual workshop "Flamenco
in the Redwoods", August 24-31, 2003 in Mendocino, CA.
- CARLOTA PRADERA CARTOIXA - to participate in the Movement Research Winter
Melt Intensive Workshop, December 29, 2003-January 16, 2004.
- CHARMILLE WALTERS - to participate in the Summer Dance Workshop at the
Edna Manley College in Kingston, Jamiaca July 7-August 1, 2003.
- MICHELLE WEINBERG - to be in residence at the Millay Colony in Austerlitz,
NY, July 2003.
JANUARY 15, 2003
- LUCIA ARATANHA - to participate in the SITI training on viewpoints and
Suzuki method, March 25-May 2, 2003 in New York City.
- MICHAEL BETANCOURT - for an artist residency at the Experimental TV Center
in Oswgo, NY from May 7-11, 2003.
- MEME FERRE - to participate in the Virginia Tech Department of Urban
Affairs and Planning/College of Architecture and Urban Studies trip to
Cuba, March 1-8, 2003.
- LINDA MANNHEIM - to participate in the Visiting Associate Program at
the University of Cape Town's Center for African Studies from April
15-June 14, 2003.
SEPTEMBER 1, 2002
- DAVID BEATY - to attend the Summer Literary Seminars Writers' Workshop
in St. Petersburg, Russia, from June 15-July 12, 2003.
- HELENA THEVENOT - to participate in the IX Festival Internacional de
Teatro in Managua, Nicaragua in late August 2003.
JUNE 1, 2002
- MARGARITA BORDA - to attend "Writing and Developing the Television
Documentary II" at the International Film and Television Workshops
in Rockport, Maine in October 13-19, 2002.
- BRYAN COOPER - to participate in the November 2002 Wendover Residence
Program that is located on the Nevada/Utah Border and is sponsored by the
Center for Land Use Interpretation.
- BRYAN HIVELEY - to attend the 2003 National Council of Education in the
Ceramic Arts Conference March 12-16, 2003.
- WENDY WISCHER - to attend workshops at the Lighting Research Center in
Troy, NY on November 7 & 8, 2002.
- HARIETTE YAHR - to attend the Toronto Film Festival and the Festival
panels, master classes and sessions, September 5-12, 2002.
MARCH 1, 2002
- JULIE KAHN - to participate in Douglas Merriam's Photo Lighting Techniques
at the Santa Fe Photographic Workshops from June 16-June 22 in New Mexico.
- HOWARD MOSS - to travel to Brazil in June 2002 to participate in a series
of workshops and seminars on projecting the Afro/Brazilian experience.
- MICHELLE MURRAY - to participate in Reginald Yates Cultural Traditions-
The Dunham Legacy dance workshop at Jacobs Pillow, June 17-30, 2002.
- HELENA THEVENOT - to assist with airfare, ground travel, housing, meals
and workshop fees at "American Butoh: New Visions" in
San Francisco, August 11-16, 2002.
- MICHELLE WEINBERG - to participate in an artist residency in Norton,
Maine in July 2002.
JANUARY 15, 2002
- DARBY HAYES - to participate in workshops at The School of Playback Theater
at Vassar College in Poughkeepsee, NY, July 5-13, 2002.
- ESIAS JOHNSON - to attend the DTW workshop "Exploring Inequity Gender
Bias in Dance" on April 5, 2002, in NYC.
- PETER KISILUK - to participate in a conference Theatre East & West
Revisited, April 4-6, 2002, at Ponoma College in Claremont, CA.
- LINDA MANNHEIM - to participate in the Virginia Center for Creative Arts
Exchange at Schloss Wiepersdorf, Germany, from September 1-30, 2002.
SEPTEMBER 1, 2001
- KATHERINE KRAMER - to explore the role of mentor/student with Brenda
- SHERRI TAN - to design the visual art component and develop stage directions,
during a 10-day touring residency program in China, May 9-18, 2002.
- LOLITA STEWART-WHITE - to attend the 10th Annual Pan African Film and
Arts Festival, February 7-18, 2002, in Los Angeles, CA.
JUNE 1, 2001
- MARIA BANDA-RODAZ - to participate in a series of artistic activities
at Allianza Francesca in Guayaquil and Quito, Ecuador September 23-30,
- DINORAH DE JESUS RODRIGUEZ - to attend an artist residency at the Atlantic
Center in New Smyrna Beach, FL from September 21-October 10, 2001.
MARCH 1, 2001
- EDWIN HOLLAND - to attend the New York City Tap Festival, July 8-15,
2001 in Manhattan.
- JULIE KAHN - to participate in Jim Stone's View Camera Master Class at
Penland School of Crafts, July 7-21, 2001.
- PETER R. MARTIN - to attend two non-consecutive five-day playwriting
workshops conducted by the Ensemble Studio Theatre at the Lexington Center
for the Arts, July 9-13 and August 6-10, 2001.
- GUSTAVO MATAMOROS - to participate in a collaborative art research
residency at the Experimental Sound Studio in Chicago.
- MARJORIE O'NEILL-BUTLER - to take a week Acting Intensive with Deborah
Hedwall conducted by the Ensemble Studio Theatre at the Lexington Center
for the Arts, July 9-13, 2001.
- SAUNDRA SMITH RUBIERA - to attend the Society of Children's book Writers
and Illustrators Conference August 10-13, 2001 in Los Angeles.
JANUARY 15, 2001
- TINA SPIRO - to travel to New York to participate in the preparation
of video and promotional/educational materials related to her Shekkinah
- TOM VIRGIN - to attend a Traditional Japanese Woodblock Printing Workshop
at Pyramid Atlantic in Riverdale, MD, June 21-23, 2001.
- CHERYL WHITEHEAD - to participate in the Acapulco Black Film Festival
which takes place June 4-9, 2001 in Acapulco, Mexico.
- HARRIETTE YAHR - to attend the South by Southwest film conference in
Austin, Texas, March 9-13, 2001.
- ROSEMARIE CHIARLONE - to assist with preparation expenses for an exhibition
at the Delaware Center for Contemporary Art in the fall of 2001.
- BOB FOLSE - to attend the annual Guitar Festival of Cordoba, Spain July
- MARITZA MOLINA - to purchase equipment needed to complete darkroom
as outlined in proposal.
- LOLITA STEWART-WHITE - to participate in the Acapulco Black Film Festival
which takes place June 4-9, 2001 in Acapulco, Mexico.
- HELENA THEVENOT - to participate in an apprenticeship in Tokyo, Japan
with Kazuo Ohno from April 20-May 13, 2001.
- JAMES COUPER - to participate in a residency at the Hambridge Center
for Creative Arts and Sciences in Rabun Gap, Georgia, October 31-November
- DARBY HAYES - to participate in the theater training workshop "Tools
for Transformation", facilitated by Peace Troup in Asheville, North
Carolina, September 11-17, 2000.
- LOUIS LOWY - to take the 'Action/Cut Directed By' seminar in Atlanta,
October 14 & 15, 2000.
- PATRICIA ROBERTS - to attend the World Carnival Conference in Port of
Spain, Trinidad & Tobago, October 13-18, 2000.
- CAROLINA SALAZAR - to participate in a workshop "going Dutch: Northern
European Approaches to Painting the Nude" by Andrew Conklin and Helen
Oh, November 4,5,11 & 12 in New York City.
- SUZA TALBOT - to participate in a residency at The Virginia Center for
the Creative Arts at Sweet Briar, VA, September 12-October 10, 2000.
- ED ALLEN - to attend the Southeast Puppet Festival of the Americas to
view a Jim Henson puppet exhibition, attend workshops on Complex Pattern
Development for Polyfoam, Theatre of Trash and Easy Sound Editing on computer.
- TORI ARPAD - to participate in "Exchange: Korea-Japan-USA",
which is a series of exhibitions and symposia designed to address current
issues and trends in ceramic art.
- BRYAN COOPER - to participate in the July 2000 Wendover Residence Program
that is located on the Nevada/Utah Border and is sponsored by the Center
for Land Use Interpretation.
- MARILYN GOTTLIEB-ROBERTS - to support partial field research expenses
of her Fulbright Scholarship to Nigeria to study the astral traditions
of pastoral nomads of the African Sahel that is a part of her artistic
project A SOUTHEAST PORTRAIT.
- JULIE KAHN - to participate in Christopher James' Master Class in alternative
and non-silver photographic processes at the Maine Photographic Workshops
from July 30 until August 12, 2000 in Rockport, Maine.
- MIMI SCHULTZ - to attend the Southeast Puppet Festival of the Americas
to view a Jim Henson puppet exhibition, attend workshops on Complex Pattern
Development for Polyfoam, Theatre of Trash and Easy Sound Editing on the
- CAROL TODARO - to attend a workshop, Hand Bookbinding: Past and Future,
to be taught by Gary Frost at the Penland School of Art, Penland, NC from
August 27 through September 2, 2000.
- DENNIS JAMES BREEDLOVE - to participate in a three-week program with
master dance teacher/choreographers at the Bates Dance Festival in Lewiston,
Maine, July 29-August 20, 2000.
- BARBARA DRAKE - to participate in a three-day writing workshop, March
3-5, 2000 with Harry Mathews, offered by the Key West Writers' Workshop
in Key West, Florida.
- CARLOS V. GUTIERREZ - to add a post-production effect known as FilmLook
in order to submit film to Showtime Networks.
- BETTY KJELSON - to attend the International Association of Hand Papermakers
and Paper Artists in Abbazia di Spineto, Sarteano, Italy, July 30-August
- HOWARD MOSS - to enroll in an Advance Digital Imaging workshop at the
National Association of Broadcasters April 2000 conference in Las Vegas,
- ARIEL DE LA PORTILLA - to travel to NYC, August 25-September 22, 2000
to take private lessons with acclaimed bassist Ron McClure.
- SHERRI TAN - for travel support and per diem funds to participate in
the residency and a collaborative exchange for River of Shifting Sands
on June 4, 2000 in Portland, Oregon.
- FRANKLIN EINSPRUCH - to participate in a workshop on March 17-19, 2000
at Zen Mountain Monastery in Mt. Tremper, New York entitled "Brush
Mind" given by Mr. Tanahaski.
- GEORGE MATTOX - to attend the Opera America National Conference in Houston,
Texas, May 3-7, 2000.
- LESLIE NEAL - to attend a mini-conference of the third annual meeting
of the Blue Mountain Group, a coalition of artists and community activists
who work with the incarcerated community.
- KAREN PETERSON - to attend the 11th Annual, 1999 West Coast Improvisational
Dance Festival at Berklee in Santa Barbara, CA.
- HELENA THEVENOT - to attend Ex..it!, a Butoh festival August 1-15, 1999
in Brollin, Germany.
- ELIZABETH DOUD - to attend the International Flamenco Festival in Albuquerque.
- JENNYLIN DUANY - to participate in workshops for theater professionals
at the Theater Institut Nederland and The Amsterdam Maastricht Summer University.
- REVA FREEDMAN - to photo-document visual art work and prepare it for
exhibition quality display.
- LUIS GISPERT - to install a piece at the Weatherspoon Art Gallery at
the University of North Carolina as part of a larger exhibition of his
- KAREN RIFAS - to travel to Atlanta, Georgia to install visual art work
at Nexus, March 1999.
- YOLANDA SANCHEZ - for travel to attend The Hambidge Center, an artist
- CAROLYN SCHLAM - for expenses to participate in an intensive 4 day one-on-one
course in casting techniques for glass with Anna Boothe of Zieglerville,
- CHARLES GREGOR GNAEGY - to install a one-person exhibition in the Tallahassee
- WILLIAM KEDDELL - to construct professional presentation packages.
- JUDE PARRY - to attend a 3-week workshop "Personal Style Theatre" taught
by Tony Montanaro of Celebration Barn Theatre in Paris, Maine.
- LYDIA RUBIO - to attend the Women’s Studio Workshop in Rosendale,
NY, 6/8-21, 1998.
- TAMALYN DALLAL-HARRIS - to teach and participate in the Bellyjam ‘98
Festival in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- REVA FREEDMAN - to hire professional assistance to produce slides of
- GUSTAVO MATAMOROS - to participate in a concert at the Swiss Institute
in NYC and to work with Swiss vocalist Dorothea Schurch.
- SHERRI TAN - to participate in an art exhibition and residency activities
at the University of Pennsylvania.
- SYDNEY A. FRANCIS - to attend a film course
at The American Film Institute in Los Angeles, CA.
- KATE KRETZ - to attend a month-long artist residency at the Hambridge
Center, June 1998.
- EDDIE OSBORNE - to attend
the Afropop excursion to Mali to train with master drummers, February
- JESSICA ROSEMAN - to participate in the 4th annual Dance Camp 98 in
florida's pioneer of innovative arts and culture